Friday, December 17, 2010

Yesterday i'd gone for my cousin brother's engagement party. His grandparents had thrown it for him in the garden of their lovely penthouse in Malabar Hill.

Random thoughts:-

* You may appear to be snooty, even if you are not, if you wear expensive things and don't smile much. Like some of the aunties present there.

* Marriage Marriage Marriage. I told my parents that I want to be a playboy.

Mother- "If you say that you don't want to be married it means that you will get married very soon. Look at your cousin Deepa."

"Why would you wish for something I don't want."

Father - "You are denying it a bit too vehemently."

"Am not. And means nothing."

Why do parents think that all their progeny wants is marriage and that happiness/social scceptance equals marriage.

I don't know what I want. But I know that I am just becoming ok with the idea of not getting married.
All said, I would always study opportunities if they presented themselves.. but I don't want my parents asking around for me. Never ever.

xxx

There was this guy whom my mother was thinking about for me,
"He's not so rich. Into advertising in NY. But he has family money. Nice bungalow in Chowpatty. But smokes."

Before any further conversations could take place, we got news that he's engaged to a girl he met in NY. Indian from Delhi. He is moving to Delhi and is going to start afresh there.

Met his father last night. Told us boy is riding a bike in Argentina. Will be in S. America for 3 months. Lost wallet. Girlfriend going to the rescue.

xxx

Father identifies himself with son. Wants to be seen as dashing and dangerous.
"If my son is anything like me, I pity his wife," he proudly says.
Wearing a purple Gap sweatshirt.
Identifies himself as being young.

xxx

I am still to get used to the fact of seeing uncles drunk and talking more than they intend to.

xxx

There is nothing wrong with uncles and old people telling you that you look good.
But it can be a little strange at times. Maybe in the family party context.

xxx

I ranked 18 among fellow students in Maharashtra in a CET simulation test conducted by my class. Its good.. but nothing to be too happy about as there will be more competition.
It could mean that I have done not too badly in exams conducted previously.
Or it could not mean a thing. I could have done really badly.
Expectations are dangerous.
I thought I would do well in other contests, but I didn't.
So I won't expect anything good.
That is safe.

(If)I will go to.. MET college(not really great).
But it will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment