Thursday, December 30, 2010

Something very bad just happened.
An old uncle of mine.. my father's mother's sister's brother in law, Nari Uncle, passed away today.
It came as a shock.
He was old.. but relatively healthy and quite mobile, making it for almost every family function.

How did he die?
From an accidental fall apparently.
But cops found his blood on the wall and his body is badly bruised.
And he was not alone.
There was another present at the scene.

This man, his sister in law's brother's son, had been staying with him, uninvited and unwelcome.
I don't know where he is from, but he came down to Bombay and plopped himself in Nari Uncle's small one bedroom that houses two old invalids because its free bed and boarding.
He would fight with Nari Uncle everyday.
Nari Uncle even told my father on Tuesday that he had beat him up and that he wanted the man to leave. When my father said that he would get him out and call the police Nari Uncle said to give the man two days to leave on him own. After all he was family.

Next thing we know Nari Uncle has passed away. The cops suspect something foul. Invetigations are underway and the post mortem will reveal more.
The man told the police that the bruises were caused when Nari Uncle beat himself up. He said that Nari Uncle was beating himself while crying out 'stop beating me' to give the impression to the neighbours that the man was beating him.

I hope it was an accident. I don't understand how someone can kill another person.
I wish my father had done something about it earlier.

When Nari Uncle apparently had his accidental fall, the man called an Ambulance to take him to the hospital. The doctors in the Ambulance said that he was dead and that there was no point taking him there. They then asked for their money and the man refused to pay.. making the ambulance wait for 2 hours till my mother got there and could then pay them off.
That after staying and eating for free for weeks.

The neighbours saw the ambulance and came to investigate. After a while he shooed them off, locked the house with the dead body in it, and went off for lunch, leaving the body in the house and the ambulance below the house.

Its not normal behaviour.

xxx

My parents are still there. I think that the police are going to take him in tonight. We'll know more when they do an autopsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment