Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I went out sailing on Sunday. My friend is a member of the Boat Club.
It was a racing yatch, Beneteau, the one they use in the olympics. I helped put up the sail and steer. It was fun, though quite leisurely, not sweaty and adrenaline-ey, which is more my type.
Effort, pain, fear.. makes me happy.

After sailing we went to Starboard at 'The Taj Mahal' hotel for a drink and then to the 'Zodiac Grill' for dinner.
Look at my luck.
There is God, I will vouch for it, and he really likes me.
My mom has always told me that.
He's good to me.

So I had cognac for the fisrt time, Hennessey.
It was so lovely neat. It made me realise that the cheap liquor i've been drinking all this while is absolutely vile. The only decent drinks i've sipped in my life are JD and Henessey. The rest was rubbish.
I mean.. the taste is so different.
Its unfair to price it so high and make the world drink rubbish.
Anyway..

I also had scallops for the first time.. they taste truly divine. My current favourite meat infact.
I like seafood except for fish.
Scallops, lobster,oysters, mussels, clams, prawns..

So Zodiac Grill is highly rated. That night the food was pretty, but ok tastewise. My scallops were amazing but that is because scallops themselves are amazing.

Food is not like liquor. It isn't necessarily better if its more expensive.

Amuse Bouche was camembert in some sort of wafer with cranberry sauce. Fine
First course was Asparagus and Camembert souffle. Pretty but ok on taste. The souffle tastes like scrambled egg white.

Then onion mini croissant.

Palate cleanser of pink guava sorbet before the entree.
Mine as I mentioned was scallops in a butter sauce, I think.
I didn't look at the menu much. It scared me because it said caviar and foie gras and had no prices printed alongside.
(My father later told me that the women are given a different menu always, one without the prices. Thats worse anyhow.)
My friends had ravioli with strawberry foam and a fish. I didn't try.

Dessert was creme brule and kahlua mousse. I didn't like them. Brule was sugary.

They also kept petit fours, mini desserts on the table, mini tart, macroon, chocolate cake, not nice.

I prefer the food at Indigo, which is the only other place i've eaten sort of European food.

So thats that.
Don't despair about food if ur middle class. But despair about the alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment