Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I don't think I did too well for my IIFT entrance exam last sunday.
I don't think I took the exam seriously enough because I had heard that it was easier than the CAT and i've already done the CAT - so I thought that this would be ok, since that was ok.

But it wasn't.
It wasn't easier and the format was entirely different, which took time in getting used to, time that could have been better spent answering more questions. Also I did not find out what the sectional cut offs were, or how many questions I should ideally be attempting, so I did not have any strategy. Strategy is often the most important element in these papers.

The exam also had a GK section and I really have no GK. I rarely read newspapers..
Can you imagine that they had a question asking us which states come under National Highway 7 and 5. What rubbish.

I want and hope to get into a better college so I didn't take this seriously. But this is a top B school and the only ones better than it are the IIM's and XLRI. If anything I had a chance to get in here.. one level lower and I even screwed that up, I think. Now i'll have to settle for something worse.

I may even get through, who knows, if everyone else somehow did worse than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment