Friday, November 26, 2010

Nusrat, from my Senior KG class has decided that she wants to marry Amit, another student.
Amit is probably the best looking kid-male.

Meanwhile Vivek and Pratiksha are in a relationship.

I don't know why I am finding this so fascinating. As if I did not know which guy was attractive or not when I was young. I don't remember how old I could have been.. but I was young, and I knew.
So why wouldn't any other kid know.
We forget how we felt and then we get surprised.

We forget because these feelings are allowed for little kids and then prohibited for little older kids, often by accompanying emotions of shame and ridicule, in India atleast.

So we forget that kids can feel these things.

Kids also find fairer people more beautiful. I've noticed. Maybe its social conditioning.. already working to full capacity.. or maybe its something innate.. im not one to know.
But I do know that they like fairer people better.. when they are young.

No comments:

Post a Comment