Thursday, November 25, 2010

Zadie Smith (writer/columnist) thinks that my generation is preoccupied with being liked. That the utmost desire of people from my generation is to be liked by others and that is reflected in our behaviour on FB.

Its sounds euraka-ey, but tell me, doesn't everyone want to be liked. Didn't my fathers generation care about being liked.. about being socially successful. Im not sure if there is anything so unique to it. What do u think?

We project ourselves more than any other generation, because we have the tools to, but I think everyone has always waanted to be liked. Why then were those ancient figures of history books so obsessed with immortality and the like.
They wanted to be remembered.. in a good way.
Paintings and obituaries have always been flattering.

No comments:

Post a Comment