Saturday, November 6, 2010

I can't study anymore, I just get really bored.

My parents tell me that I can't get married for the next 5 years, now that i've decided to do my MBA.. because I have to pay back the loan.
They must be afraid that i'll tire of it or that something will happen to me again so i won't finish my course and everyone will be in trouble.

So I can't get married for 5 years and I can "have to" decide whether I want kids or a career.
I don't know what is wrong with everyone. I thought everyone manages both. But my family(old aunts included) believes that women either have kids or work.
I think that this notion is ridiculous.

They are like who will take care of the kids, you cannot work for atleast 5 years, maids cannot bring up your child, why do you want to work, get married if u find a good proposal.

You are old.

xxx

As if I can place my bets on marriage. What if I don't find anyone. What will I do in the house, house-wifing.
"Enjoy," they say... "Go to the spa."

"Right. I will be so bored that I will end up having numerous affairs with younger men," I tell them.

xxx

"So then I won't have kids."

"Then as if anyone will get married to you. Men get married because they want kids. Or for love.. but anyway you don't have a boyfriend."

"So I won't get married then."

"Then you will be lonely and old and bored."

xxx

I can't rely on marriage. There is no guarantee of it happenning. I can't imagine a life just taking care of the house and going for, I don't know, stupid classes and joining stupid clubs where I can discuss topics like living room interiors or underground art because I really have nothing better to do.

I just want work. Atleast I won't go mad. I just want work.

xxx

And anyway.. how do u people even meet people to go around with?

Its like url are a type. Even if url break up.. don't sweat it.. because url will go out with someone soon enough, because u always have, and u are that type.

I am the other type. Who has never been in a relationship.. and thus mostly never will, because we never have, and that is our type.

When I was younger, I used to think that this situation will magically change.. but how can it.. its not logical. The probability that it won't is quite high.

xxx

Can u imagine that I put on weight just during Diwali time. The more you eat, the more you eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment