Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hello "Just A. Friend," (We're going to call him J.A.F. henceforth)
No reply?
Why?
You forgot?

Ok, let us assume that I feel nothing for you. I am your friend who you hang out with. So when you ask me if I want to go out and I say yes and then you say that you will ask 'everyone' and get back to me and you don't.. what is that.. dear FRIEND?

Rude..
If I give you the benefit of the doubt, forgetful.

xxx

Fine, you know, don't be interested in meeting me. Or whatever your other reasons may be.

When you are young, you feel sad and everything.. but when you are older, and you are me, you feel.. like you should just move on and do your work.
Which now is trading stocks. Its so sexy.

xxx

I haven't told you about my sexy new job.
INTRA DAY TRADER.. ya thats right.
Smoking.

So I told you about my friend who trades and is into Private Equity. I have been going to his office and learning from him. I just started doing my own trades.
Im really liking the market..
Most people don't understand stocks at all. I have known for several years that I don't want to be one of those people. There is too much money to be made.

So my desire to 'get stocks' led me to my friend and I made sure I got myself a space in his office and personal training.
I will understand how this works! I shall know the system. No one wants you to know anything about stocks.. but im making sure that I know it.. even though I don't come from a trading family and I have no familial contacts.
Im making my own contacts.
Im making my place.

Im good at doing things you know, networking, picking things up.
These colleges don't notice only.

Even modelling.. I had to network a lot man.
I don't know.. they don't get it, what?
Those colleges.

xxx

Now I'll tell you something that made me feel quite good about myself.
This guy who was in my GD/PI group at SIBM said that he was 'surprised' that I didn't get in.
Yeah.
He's like "From all the people in the group, I thought ud get in."

And this other guy from my class.. really smart ha.. like 99.3 in CET.. thinks im too smart for this college that im eventually planning on going to.

And my Sir at IMS also thinks im too smart for it.

They actually told me that, not my words.

So.. see.. I can make an impression.

My tutor friend also thinks I have good aptitude.
He's like 'You kinda understood the principal of options in a day.. these other guys here (other traders) have been trying to understand it for years. And they don't"

So, well! :-)

See.. what I figured is that if I get admission into 'this' college, i'll take it. Finish off my MBA. If I got noticed now, I shall get noticed then.. I'll do it.. and save time.

I told you that I am confident of my aptitude.
Only the panels don't like me..
But.. Im gonna do it. I know I will do it.

xxx

My IMS colleague found me on FB.
Actually IMS has this 'Achievers Batch,' where they pick up the smart kids and give them specialized training.
So I met this guy there. We didnt speak one to one as such.. but at class we would have mock gd/pi's.
Actually quite a lot of fun.
It would give me a rush.. like trading.

He's cute.. really smart.. im into smart guys.
And he seems simple and nice.

I find nothing more sexy that a man who is super in math.

xxx

2 comments:

  1. MR, go join the law college. If you are from Mumbai go apply for the 3year LLB course at Government Law College, Churchgate. I bet you would never regret this decision. See even Obama, Clintons and many more were trained as lawyers. The college admission process would start some time in the 2nd week of June. Tel. 022 2285 7315

    If you require any further info, please feel free, to write to me at nikhil.r.jha@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason why I'm telling you this is because I find certain simplicity, matter of fact, deadpan way in your writing. Non-dramatic and to the point way of communication is hallmark of a good lawyer. (Remember real world lawyers are the opposite of what you've seen in the Bollywood movies.) A successful lawyer apart from having very good knowledge of law must have excellent command over facts, which quality I think you've / you can develop further. Moreover, law today (working with top law firms and counsels) gives you an opportunity to work directly with the client, which in the field of finance is reserved for the graduates of top management institutes like IIM or CAs.

    Give a thought to my suggestion. The decision is yours. Best of Luck!

    ReplyDelete