Wednesday, August 4, 2010

One of my students, Ekta, gave me a pink rose today.
It feels good. I know this is what is meant by currying favour but I've not recieved flowers too often in my lifetime. So i'll enjoy it.

xxx

I keep on forgetting that the children I teach live in slums.
In the classroom they are just small babies in uniforms.

I keep on forgetting till a child faints.. because he's not had anything for breakfast.
And most others have just had black tea.

The worst part is that they are not even so poor so as to not be able to afford it. Its just lack of concern on their parents part. Or maybe they have to work and are very hassled. I can't pass judgements.

xxx

Some kids get big packets of fancy cream biscuits to school everyday.
My mother would allow me only four.
She believed in moderation.

xxx

No free raincoats this year, but free umbrellas, from the PR machinery of the bollywood film "Khatta Meetha."

xxx

Abhishek has been limping his way to school since the past three days because of a cut on his foot. His mother has tied a torn kerchif around it. Thats the only treatment it has recieved so far.
I told her to take him to the doctor.
Doctor services are even free at Cooper Hospital which is close-by.

But no.

I must admit though, I think Abhishek enjoys the bandage and limping.. so I don't know how badly he's been hurt and whether its healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment